Monday, March 2, 2009

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Since I'm from up North, I love the snow. It was a lovely sight to wake up to this morning, though the ice coating the roads from yesterday's rain was not quite as lovely. Even so, I took some pictures on my way to work. I figured I'd share in the hopes that perhaps more of you will be persuaded to do so.

This is on Old Heritage Court, off of Old N.C. 86. It's a little cul-de-sac with a few houses on it on your left if you're driving north towards town. The snow was so densely covering the woods and brush in this area that it was hard to tell what was what. There was no one around at all; I think maybe one person drove by on Old 86 while I was out taking pictures, looking like a crazy person. I wish I would've brought my galoshes; I would have ventured further into the woods in an effort to get an even better shot.

This is the light pole at the corner of Old Heritage Court and Old N.C. 86. The road in the background is Old 86, heading north. This area was like a tunnel almost; the trees were all covered with snow.

Like Josh said, if any of you have any snow day pictures, please send them in! I only took a few in Hillsborough; most of mine were out in the county or in Carrboro.

Drive safely out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.