Thursday, February 19, 2009

this week

Well, whatever's been going around, I've got it. I apologize for my blogging absence, but here's what I've got cooking this week.

  • I talked with the Faulkners, who broke ground today on their new gymnastics and dance studio. Dr. Halkiotis, of the Orange County Board of Education, was there, among many others.
  • Josh and I will have a combined stimulus story that includes the Board of Ed's wish list.
  • I'll be going to the "tax revolt" meeting Monday evening. That promises to be interesting.
  • I'll also be tagging along for the Orange County Board of County Commissioners/ Board of Ed tour of Orange County Schools.
  • I'll be attending the Pauli Murray Human Relations Award ceremony Sunday at New Hope Elementary School.
  • I'm hoping to talk to a Durham Tech teacher for a profile for the education page.
  • Stanford Middle is having a science expo tomorrow, which Principal Purcell was kind enough to inform me about.
I've got a couple other things floating around, but I think those are the most likely candidates for this week's paper.

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post a comment, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.