Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Egg hunt pictures

Because the best lighting seems to come on sunny mid-mornings, last Saturday's shoot at New Hope Park yielded some great photos (as is typical, we had to cut many shots and some content from this week's issue because of space limitations). I am going to post a few shots that didn't make it into print below.

A quick story regarding the young man on the front page, Sam Trueblood. I was trying to find some good angles before the egg hunt started, because once the kids are off, the worthwhile shots happen in rapid succession, and I had maybe 4 minutes to get action shots. I took some shots of kids in anticipation outside the egg "grid," but once things got started, they were moving pretty fast and were difficult to get into frame.

I took a shot of Sam because, one, he was slower-moving (being younger than 2), and he had a look of pure, unadulterated joy that kids seem to get from a first of any given holiday event. After taking a first shot, his mother stood up and recognized me. I try to be as accommodating to parents with young children as I can, asking permission to use photos after I've swooped in and started snapping away. But I am a slightly-bearded guy, with no kids in tow, taking pictures of small children. Things can be misinterpreted.

Luckily, his mom, Stephanie, is a Town of Hillsborough planner who I've worked with on some Colonial Inn background, so all was well. There have been some instances where people have been less than enthused that "the newspaper" is there with a camera, so I'm glad I was able to keep a shot with a great facial expression.

Raw photos below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.