Friday, January 23, 2009

Long night

I forcibly removed myself from last night's county commissioners' meeting at 11:30 p.m., and I can only assume that it ended not long thereafter. From that meeting, I'm working on coverage of the latest waste transfer station details; the decision on the county-supported farmers' market; a discussion on the sheriff department's new fingerprinting system and the controversy surrounding it; and an update on the Brad Road discussion. Likely, the last one will be supplemented with material from Monday's town board meeting.

This morning, I followed my marathon Thursday night meeting with ... another meeting. This time, we will have an update on the "demolition by neglect" complaint and response regarding the Colonial Inn. No timetable was set at the meeting by town officials, but there was an indication that discussion between the town and Inn owner Francis Henry could produce a time frame and repair schedule soon.

And, at that, it's time to turn scribbled notes into (more) coherent thoughts. We take meeting notes the old-fashioned way because we lack a company laptop (I could excavate my 7-year-old model, but it would likely freeze from using Microsoft Word).

What does the weekend hold for you, now that we've swung from 15 degrees to 60 in three days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.