Monday, January 19, 2009

this week's education page

Because I've been facing a bit of writer's block today, I decided to lay out the education page a day early. So, I've got a bit of a preview for you on what's coming up on page 6 this week.

I've got a brief on an Arts in Education grant received by Orange Charter School; they're going to use it to celebrate Black History Month. It seems like a really interesting program.

I've got a picture and long cutline from Cameron Park, showing some students who helped gather winter accessories for a fellow North Carolina school.

There's a really sweet column from a teacher at C.W. Stanford about a particularly positive student there. I really enjoyed reading this one, and I think everyone else will, too.

And I wrote a story on Durham Tech's medical coding program and its instructor Marjorie Hamilton. It seems like a great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.