Friday, May 15, 2009

bureaucracy and coming up

Well, as Josh said, I was out of the office Wednesday. I went down to Charlotte, where I was supposed to have my naturalization interview and take my citizenship (and English language) test.

That didn't happen.

I waited at the INS office in Charlotte for about 3 hours (my poor husband waited at a nearby Starbuck's with a Tom Clancy novel) before finding out my appointment had been canceled and rescheduled for Raleigh, since I live so close to the immigration centre there. Apparently, my attorney should have let me know. So, I've been trying to find out when my new appointment is so I can get this rolling.

So, that's where I was Wednesday.

Now, on to what I'm working on for the upcoming week.

• I went over to Gold Park to see Terry Hackett (with the county), some Boy Scouts and other community volunteers put together some stormwater features in the new park.

• Some Saudi Arabian professors from a teacher's college came to Hillsborough Elementary to find out how the year-round school runs.

• Partnership Academy has an animal lovers club that volunteers over at the Orange County Animal Shelter.

• A Partnership student won a poetry contest out of 5,000 entries in the state.

• The Board of Education has a meeting Monday.

• The Orange High School Fellowship of Christian Athletes sponsored a 3-on-3 basketball tournament that featured a former Tar Heel and NBA player and current ESPN host as a speaker.

Feel free to send me anything else you hear of that's going on to v.shortley@newsoforange.com or 732-2171.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.