Friday, July 17, 2009

Candidacy letters

First, a correction: The top story on the front page has a silly mistake, courtesy of me. Mike Gering is the current mayor pro tem. Frances Dancy has previously served as mayor pro tem. Again, bad oversight by me.

I neglected to run Dancy's and Bryant Warren's statements of candidacy up here, so Dancy's is reprinted below, Warren's in the next post:

"I am running for re-election to the Hillsborough Town Board. I have served three terms on the board and have made many accomplishments with the current board members. I believe we make a great team and I would like to continue to be of service to the Town or Hillsborough.
Our town has come a long way since my initial election to the board. Our Town was in extremely poor financial condition and I lobbied for the adoption of a fund balance policy to help regain Hillsborough’s long-term fiscal stability. With this, I also supported the creation of a multi-year financial plan component in the town’s annual budget as a means of better planning and a way to help us elected officials make well-informed decisions.
I have lobbied for computerization of town services which resulted in vast improvements over the years in both the quality and quantity of information the staff has been able to produce while serving the public.
With the support of my fellow board members, we were able to construct the Fairview Community Policing Station which was a long-term collaborative effort between the Town of Hillsborough, Orange County, and the Fairview Community Watch Block Captains, and our Police Department.
Our board is developing a Strategic Growth Plan with the cooperation of the County which will help allow growth that is congruent with the desires of the citizens and will serve as a critical communications tool that will let developers know what type of growth Hillsborough will support.
Since my election, our Police Department has been accredited; we’ve completed the West Fork on the Eno River Reservoir project, and approved Waterstone Development which took approximately four years before final approval.
These are just a few accomplishments that the Town Board has made since my election. I continue to represent the Town Board on the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitor’s Bureau and the Triangle J Council of Governments where I hold the positions of Delegate, and Executive Committee. I am also on the FTZ Trade Zone Board of Directors, and have served as Chair of the Board of the TJCOG.
It is my desire to continue to be of service to the citizens of the Town of Hillsborough.

Frances Dancy
Hillsborough Town Board"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.