Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This week

With three candidates vying for two seats on the Hillsborough town board and the mayor running unopposed, Hillsborough's races don't seem to pack as much of a punch as the ... let's call it "activity" ... to the south. But, local races are still important, so don't forget these key election dates.

I am sitting down with town board hopefuls over the next few days to ask some broad questions about their views on hot topics and ongoing concerns I have heard from residents over the time I've been at The News of Orange. Look for those Q&A sessions to appear in either the Oct. 14 or Oct. 21 paper, depending on what else is in the paper on Oct. 14.

The Northern Orange Black Voters Alliance will hold a candidate forum on Tuesday, Oct. 13. I plan on covering the event, but if you want to be there in person, it is a the Fairview police substation at 7 p.m.

For this week, early returns (already with the election language?) are as follows:
• Project Homeless Connect is next week, and I plan on having some information about local students who are helping with northern Orange County's homeless services.
• I am working on a story about class reunions, looking back at Hillsborough when these classes graduated.
• Seasonal flu shots are being offered soon in the schools. We'll have more as we learn it.
• Updates on the hospital proposal, waste transfer station and other issues.
• Plenty of photos, and Vanessa's stories, too.

I am in and out of the office this week, so feel free to drop me an e-mail at josh(dot)kastrinsky(at)newsoforange.com if you can't catch me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.