Monday, February 28, 2011

Note to taxpayers mailing paper returns: address change

The Internal Revenue Service today announced that taxpayers in North Carolina and South Carolina who file paper income tax returns will send them to different processing centers this year.
“During 2011, taxpayers in the Carolinas seeking refunds will send their tax returns to the IRS Kansas City Service Center, Kansas City, Mo. Those making payments will send them to Hartford, Conn,” said Mark Hanson, IRS spokesperson.
The IRS continuously monitors work flow at its centers and makes appropriate adjustments by altering the volume of returns to be sent to each. Taxpayers who use the envelope provided with the income tax instructions do not have to be concerned with the address change; their returns automatically will go to the correct center.
Taxpayers who e-file will not be affected by the address changes. Two out of three filers choose IRS e-file; it’s faster, easier, more accurate and more convenient than filing a paper tax return.
For taxpayers who file paper returns, the service center addresses are on the back cover of the instructions to Form1040, Form 1040A and Form 1040EZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.