Beginning Saturday, Jan. 7, Girl Scouts throughout central and eastern North Carolina will kick off the 2012 edition of the largest girl-led business in the country.
Here are the fast facts:
• Cookie Sale dates: Saturday, Jan. 7, through Sunday, March 11
• Cost per box of cookies: $3.50
• Eight cookie varieties available, including the ever-popular Thin Mints, Caramel deLites and Peanut Butter Patties.
• New this year – when cookie booths kick off Super Bowl weekend, many customers will be able to use their credit card to buy cookies.
• Continuing this year is the elimination of the carton on Thanks-A-Lot cookies, taking an estimated 150 tons of paperboard out of the waste stream.
• Customers who don’t want to purchase cookies for themselves but want to support Girl Scouts, a troop and our military troops can do so through Operation Cookie Drop.
• Now in its eighth year, customer donations have purchased more than 415,000 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies through Operation Cookie Drop.
• Customers wishing to purchase cookies can be connected with a local Girl Scout troop through www.girlscoutcookies.org.