Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bernadette Pelissier to run for re-election to BOCC

I am announcing my candidacy for a second term to an at-large seat on the Orange County Board of Commissioners. In my first term, I helped build the infrastructure and framework to facilitate economic development. I helped cut the budget while preserving quality services. I strongly advocated for the increased public input and openness of government.
If re-elected, I will work tirelessly to promote economic resilience, secure the fiscal sustainability and expand the non-residential tax base by creating new jobs for Orange County residents that support our community values of social equity, environmental health and economic vitality.
I will continue to encourage a sense of common-cause community where all sectors of the county, rural and urban, cooperate towards achieving common community goals. I will support creation of the integrated, cross-county and region transit infrastructure needed for the future.
I would be honored and delighted to continue serving the residents of Orange County and work towards achieving the goals shared with many residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.