Monday, February 13, 2012

Rep. Verla Insko announces re-election campaign

Representative Verla Insko announced Tuesday, Feb. 7, that she is running for re-election. Insko is currently serving her eighth term in the North Carolina House of Representatives. She will run in the new 56th district in Orange County.
“I am pleased to announce that I will file for re-election to the N.C. House on Feb. 13," she said. "Regardless of the final district boundaries, I look forward to campaigning throughout the district, meeting new residents and re-establishing relationships with people now in the new 56th House District
"In the next legislative session, the North Carolina General Assembly faces difficult decisions on improving education at all levels, implementing health care reform, providing necessary Medicaid services, protecting our environment, finalizing the last steps in mental health reform and how to fit all that and more into a budget and financing plan supported by the people.
"During my 15-plus years in the N.C. House, I have been heavily engaged in all these issues. I want to use my accumulated knowledge and expertise and my commitment to social justice to continue serving the constituents in House District 56.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send us a comment. Just be sure to keep it clean and respectful. And we reserve the right to not publish anonymous comments.