The Board of County Commissioners of Orange County honored the Orange County Arts Commission’s Fall 2011 arts grant recipients with the presentation of award checks at its Tuesday, Feb. 7, regular meeting.
The fall 2011 grant recipients are:
• A.L. Stanback Middle School
• Christ Church Preschool
• Franklin Street Arts Collective dba FRANK Gallery
• Free Spirit Freedom Institute & Gallery (fiscal agent Hillsborough Arts Council)
• Friends of the Carrboro Branch Library
• Grady A. Brown Elementary School PTA
• Hillsborough Elementary School
• Historical Foundation of Hillsborough & Orange County
• Kristi Vincent Johnson
• McDougle Elementary School PTA
• Preservation Society of Chapel Hill
• Susan Simone
• Sean Wellington
• Women’s Voices Chorus
These awards represent $23,251 in Orange County funds awarded to nonprofit organizations and artists for arts programming during calendar year 2012.
The Orange County Arts Commission is a county agency that strengthens the arts in Orange County, which includes the townships of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Hillsborough. Created in 1985 by resolution of the Board of County Commissioners, the Arts Commission’s 15-member citizen advisory board meets the second Monday each month (except for July) from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The Orange County Arts Commission is housed in the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau, 501 W. Franklin St. in Chapel Hill. For more information, contact Martha Shannon at (919) 968-2011 or visit www.artsorange.org.